Sunday, September 20, 2009

Nickelcade: Fist full of nickels

Yesterday we had a fun day at the Nickelcade.



Freya playing 'Ribbit Racing'.



I really like these martians.




Vintage, fun house style games.




With most of the games you win prize tickets which you then trade for candy and trinkets.
I have to give Oliver and Freya a time limit for deciding or they will ponder the possibilities of what they could get with their tickets for hours.





Anyone for a horsey ride?
I like that there is something for every age at the Nickelcade.




Oliver and Chris playing.



Freya is the master of this claw candy game.



I spent an entire hour playing Mrs. Pac Man. I'm not a fan of video games but I really love playing arcade games especially the classics. I have a new appreciation for arcade games and the people who love to play them after watching the movie King of Kong: Fistful of Quarters. It gets high reviews from this arcade girl. www.imdb.com/title/tt0923752/







2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun! We love the Nickelcade too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fistfull of quarter=one of the best docs ever!
    Nickelcade=death on a stick for me but my kids love it. I will gladly go to Nickelcade over Jungle Jims or Chuck E. Cheese. And, if the Dance Dance Revolution machine is available, all is right with the world.

    ReplyDelete