Monday, September 14, 2009

Freya's handmade school clothes

Organizing my sewing/crafting is high on my to do list. I have a very small home which requires very cramped and creative storage solutions. This is my closet. The whole closet. My challenge is to find a way to have space to hang the clothes I wear and space for the crafts/sewing I use often that I don't what to store downstairs. (Wait until you see my downstairs sewing space. DISASTER 1,000,000 + 2,000. Coming soon to this blog). Tomorrow I am attempting to conquer this in two and a half hours. I post it today because it was on my to do list today. I got a bit hung up on new books.

(The closet that is smaller than Harry Potters).



New books from left to right. For Oliver, The Magician's Elephant by Kate DiCamillo, for Freya the first two books of the Constance series by Pierre Le Gall (translated from French by Shannon Rowan and Robert Agis). And for me Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic Interiors. (Chris bought Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh last week).
My home and style philosophy have been influenced by Rachel Ashwell and Shabby Chic for the last 12 years (and my sweet friend Judy whom introduced me to Shabby Chic. Judy's blog can be found at http://www.myhappychic.blogspot.com/ ). I love the European sensibility of re purposing and refurbishing rather than buying things shiny and new.
Most of the furniture you see in my home is vintage/antique. Not because I wanted to be fancy but because it was inexpensive and I love not having to worry if it gets knicked or bashed because it already is. For more Shabby Chic sensibility pop into Rachel's web site at http://www.shabbychic.com/




Another new school dress. Bubble dress pattern by http://www.oliverands.com/. I can't remember the fabric I used. I'll pay more attention next time.


Embellished with three different vintage buttons.

Check in tomorrow to see how/if I managed my closet space task.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the websites! The shabby chic book looks really fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When your done organizing your house mine would be a good one to do next. I'm thinking about those space saver bags that you suck the air out of with "any house hold vacuum." Sounds good huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those bubble dresses...I'm going to send the link to this to everyone I know (not that it's a lot of people but still)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am IN LOVE with your furniture!!!! I wish I was brave enough to have my home reflect my style.

    ReplyDelete