Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The first Crafternoon

Today my beautiful and talented friend Marci and I tested a two and a half hour project which I call "Crafternoon". I am please to announce that the total working time from absolute start to finish was two hours and thirty six minutes. (We did take a few breaks which I do not count as working time). We had a wonderful Crafternoon making a Halloween bunting, sipping red wine (courtesy of Marci) and Cogswold cheese and crackers. As an added bonus my lovely friend Caroline stopped by to visit while Marci and I crafted away. (Caroline is a timid creator but she has some great ideas brewing). If you are interested in step-by-step instructions to make your own bunting please leave a comment and if there is enough interest I will gladly post all the instructions and a list of what you will need to make a bunting.

Marci is performing an extremely important step for any sewing project. Ironing.



Double cutting mats, double girlfriends, double the fun. (Ha, I had to get a bit of my geekiness into this post)!





I apologize for not flipping the photo. It is almost three a.m and I am too tired and lazy to flip it.




Cutting triangles.


Marci very focused on "pinking " the triangles.


Laying the bunting out. (Another sideways photo).



Fun Halloween fabrics. (Marci took this photo).


(Photo: Marci)
I would like to mention that Marci is a wonderful photographer. That is why these next few photo's are so grand. She has a great eye for composition.

Pinning the top binding.
(Photo: Marci)

Finished and perfect. Marci did all of the work from A to Z on this project. I merely answered her questions here and there.
(Photo: Marci)

Photo: Marci


Oliver at one end.


Marci at the other end.
Thank you Marci and Caroline. I had a perfect fall afternoon.
Thanks for reading everyone. Have a awesome Wednesday.

Your friend Camille.

9 comments:

  1. Love your 2 1/2 hr. project...and with a friend plus wine no less! Good luck with your new blogging, you'll be an addict REAL SOON.

    Instead of cupcakes and a coke at dear lizzies, come up Jeni's way to Just a bed of roses in Farmington, next door is the most divine flourless chocolate cake at Franciscos.

    Will check in soon again to see what your up to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun! How do you cut perfect triangles? Did you use a template?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Camille-

    Congratulations on your new blog. What a fun project. You are very talented. I am loving your home! And all those vintage plates!! I better work on my collection. You are an amazing designer.

    p.s. Lunch with you and Judy sounds wonderful. Now I have to go look at all your plates again. I would love to see all your latest designs too. Some of my favorite things are your creations that I bought from Elsa Belle. Miss that store! You would love a fabulous store in my area Just a Bed of Roses (as would Judy). Wishing you a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right about Marci's eye for photographic composition! You girls did a great job. That bunting turned out super cute. Oh, and it was finished all in one crafternoon. I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha Ha crackers and cheese. I thought that was just part of the joke. Um what were you listening to? Hello. That's part of any good camille blog.
    Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really enjoying your cute blog Camille! You are so creative! I wish I had the energy and time to do half of this stuff. You are inspiring me to think about it though... :~)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how your bunting turned out! And is there anything more delightful than wine + cheese + crafting?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Camille!!! Darling friend. I love your blog! Thanks for inviting me for a 2 1/2 hour crafternoon! I learned so much and I love my cute Halloween pennants. I'm planning bunches of ideas for my front porch now. Hmmm.... Let's do something again soon. Thanks for sharing your talents with me. I feel very blessed to have you in my life. Much loves
    ~marci

    ReplyDelete