Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Quilts

April 21, 2010

Quilts

This is the first quilt I ever made.
When I was pregnant with Oliver (12 years ago) my aunt Elaine and I took a quilting class for beginners.
The class is still taught by Dorothy at Quilts Etc. in Sandy (State Street and 8720 south)
One day I will finish it.



In the class we learned many classic quilt patterns.



I love the Flying Geese pattern.



I especially love the Dresden pattern.

Around the same time I started this Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt.
I adore English paper piecing.
It is a perfect take along project.



I call it my 'lifer' quilt because it will most likely take my lifetime to complete.



I like the Grandmother's Flower Garden Quilt because you can use all of your favorite fabrics in one quilt.



I wish I would have bought 20 yards of this Alice In Wonderland fabric.


Another favorite flower.



Cute, cute Scottie dog fabric.


One day I intend to hand quilt them.
I imagine sitting on a big wrap around porch, chatting with Chris and watching my grandchildren climb trees and swim in the lake while I quilt.
Until then I am happy to pull them out and fantasize about long, leisurely days.






3 comments:

  1. i've been seeing a lot of quilts around lately, is April quilting month? anyway, your hexagons are lovely ! (i've never made a quilt)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are beautiful! i love your lifer quilt and how you imagine quilting it as your grandkids play. such a happy thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made 4 quilts last month, and still working on 3 more. It's a serious addiction! I love your quilts! I have one that has been taking me a year to work on and I'm not even 1/4 done. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete