Thursday, April 8, 2010

Outside Decorating

April 8, 2010

Outside Decorating

It is time to start thinking about sprucing up the backyard porch.
The back patio becomes an outside room during the warm months.
Morning until dark we spend outside and under the patio.

The banners of the past two years are sun bleached and worn.
They last longer then I thought they would.



Today I began making new banners.
Instead of purchasing new fabric or using my fat quarters I pulled fabric from my scrap stashes.
I love when I find a project where I can use up small scraps.



I laid out all of the bigger scrap pieces to see what I had to work with.



I group about fifteen different fabrics I thought looked nice together.




I ironed them all. (My favorite part)
Then cut them into different sizes of rectangles.
I was inspired by the banner Rosamund sent me.



I measured the banners already outside to make sure it would span the length of the roof of the patio.




New banner.



One down four to go.



The next stack of colors.

How do you decorate outside?

1 comment:

  1. I never thought to make mine with the panels different sizes! Oh, all that thrifty goodness below. Swoon...
    And you sew for your son, too, right? Pattern suggestions for boys, please?
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete