Friday, April 16, 2010

Embellished Tee #2

April 16, 2010

Embellished Tee #2

Here is another tee I embellished for Freya plus a tutorial.



The puffed heart tee.



Cut the size of heart you want out of card stock.



Cut your fabric 1/4 an inch larger than the heart.



Cut a square piece of fabric 1/2 an inch larger than fabric heart.



Baste the square to the back front side of tee.
This backing will give strength to your applique and embroidery stitches.



Using the English paper piecing method, sew the fabric to the card stock.



Applique the heart to the front of tee.



Embellish around the tee.
I used french knots because I love them.



Unpick all basting stitches.
Cut excess backing fabric with pinking shears to prevent fraying.



Cut a slit through both the backing fabric and the tee fabric.



Stuff the tee.



Neatly sew the slit up.



Awesome!
Now you can make a dozen!

There are two more days to enter the mini banner giveaway!

P.S. Apologies about the wonky flipped photo's. My computer was fighting me.

3 comments:

  1. Super cute, Camille! I just may have to make one for my daughter Abby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much for the embroidered pieces & crochet trim i got in the mail the other day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for visiting our blog! have a wonderful weekend!
    amy

    ReplyDelete