Friday, September 17, 2010

Two 'Best Day Ever' Days In A Row

September 18, 2010

Two 'Best Day Ever' Days In A Row

I want to start my post with a small list of things I'm grateful for.
^ Sharp scissors
^ Surprise gifts in the mail
^ New craft books
^ The Wasatch Mountains
^ New music
^ The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. 10.30.10
^ Good yard sales



Freya, Oliver and I visited my mom and dad this morning.
We were extra lucky that my brother Nicholas and his daughters were visiting my mom and dad too.
I was extra, extra super lucky this morning because the neighbors across the street from my parents house were having a yard sale.



I fell in love with this bird box immediately.
The blue soap birds nesting in milk glass sent me over the moon!
(The soap is very, very smelly bad).




Costume jewelry: $11


Crocheted trimming.
Beautiful, old and browned trimming.

A velvet table cloth and velvet, floral upholstery fabric.
The floral velvet variegates in color.
I can't wait until Katie sees it.
She will want to make cuffs out of it immediately

Embroider linen.


Linen monogramming.






Table cloth.
Total price of linens = $6


Yesterday was an even better day.
Oliver brought me mail in bed.
Any time I receive 'old fashion mail' , I know it's going to be a spectacular day

I love the hot pad my friend Allison made for me.
Allison lives in Alabama and writes a witty, creative blog at fieldwonderful.blogspot.com.
My favorite part of the package is her lovely penmanship.
Allison has the most beautiful handwriting I have ever seen.


I am very grateful for new craft book.
Oliver and I went to Borders last night.
I fell over with delight because of this zombie felties book.

I had an empty tin Nicholas gave me this summer.
I stocked it up with zombie sewing supplies.
Have I ever mentioned that I love interesting tins?

Oliver bought this funky, artsy Halloween book for Freya



Bella and Boris have a happy disposition.


The start of a zombie duck.
It needs some bullet wounds and blood coming out of its eyeball.
I can work on that tomorrow.
Cheers

3 comments:

  1. it's too bad that the soap smells bad :(
    the crochet trim is lovely !

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've got a lot of good crafty things in your life! i'm particularly taken with the embroidered linens and crochet trims. great scores!

    i'm glad you got the package i sent, and thanks for the handwriting compliments. i don't want to brag, but i did get the best handwriting award in my 3rd grade class way back in the day. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and what is this about the daily show? are you going???

    ReplyDelete