Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Framed Antique Postcards

March 4, 2010

Framed Antique Postcards



My friend at the record store recommended this album and it is amazing!
I can't stop listening to it.
I tend to do that with new music.
After the fifth or sixth time Chris asks me to only listen to it while he is at work.



The Oliver+S Puppet Show Dress turned out so beautifully I want to make a few more.
I made them a size larger so that Freya can wear them next school year.



The rag rug is growing.



My mom gave this dress to Freya for Christmas and rather her wear it only once or twice I let her wear it to school.
A little over the top? Never!



I was proud of Freya's inventiveness and recycling when she used a Capri Sun box for the rabbits ears.



I salvage old wood from the side of the road on neighborhood clean-up months and my brother makes these frames for me.
When I take them to get matted and glass cut the framer will ask me over and over again if I am sure I don't want to purchase a new, 'nicer' frame.
The concept of old wood frames baffles them and the roll their eyeballs at me.




This frame actually has a hole in the top left corner.
So many of the antique postcards I have collected are very lovely and I like seeing them every day.
I hope everyone is having a super great week.

3 comments:

  1. I love the dress with the little bees! So cute! Great job with the sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course the framer would wonder about using old wood, you just took some of his precious business away, I like you frames better though, maybe he was just jealous...
    and I love all the Pauls you have made!!!

    ReplyDelete