Saturday, March 13, 2010

Fabric Winner + Melty Crayon Info

March 13, 2010

Fabric Winner + Melty Crayon Info

The happy winner of free fancy, springy fat quarters is.......



a local gal .... Jeanette.
Jeanette, please e-mail me your address to oliver_freya@yahoo.com
Thank you to all who commented.
It means a great deal to me that you read my silly little blog.





I made this skirt for a classmate of Freya's who had a birthday party today.
The birthday girl loved it. I made it extra twirly.


My sweet sister Katie came over yesterday with Teah and Kai and we made melty crayons.
The first time I made the crayons I just winged it but because a few of you asked for specifics I made them again and paid attention to how I made them. (Well I tried to anyway.)



I used scissors to cut the paper open.
They were a pain to peel otherwise.

Teah

Freya


I preheated the oven to 375.
I made note of when I put the muffin cups into the oven and then started to fold laundry.
Chris came into my room and asked me if I had checked on them (crayons) yet.
I cursed myself out loud because fifteen minutes had gone by.
Needless to say, they were very melted.
So set your oven to 375 and after 10 minutes check to see if the crayons are melted.
If not, keep them in the oven longer, if the are melted, take them out!
(There is a reason I don't bake or cook. I am very, very bad at it!)


I took the melted crayons outside to cool.
When I could not push a pin through them I figured that they were set.
Chris tells me that you use a similar method to check that cakes and such are finished.
He uses a toothpick instead of a pin.


I made this batch thicker than the last.
Even though I know they are made of wax I still really, really want to eat them.


Don't they look yummy!



The Portobellapixie pattern that I had so much trouble with looked OK after all.
I am happy for daylight savings tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. hi Camille ! i wanted to let you know that i got the Week-end sewing book in the mail, thanks for all the extra goodies !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soak the crayon in warm water it makes removing paper so much easier. I love your daughter's outfit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops left a comment under my husband's profile. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete