Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mail, Mail, Mail and Foreign Mail

April 7, 2011 Thursday Mail, Mail, Mail and Foreign Mail Nearly everyday this week I received a parcel in the mail. Friends surprised me with great things and I'm very grateful and happy. Also it was nice because Chris was really jealous. From Julie in Sweden via London, I'm obsessed with all things Royal Wedding and this was the best present ever. Both Chris and I are Anglophiles. I remember Princess Di's wedding and how magical it was. I was seven and princess are a big deal when you are seven. Freya and I have big plans for the 29th including dress-ups, tea, biscuits, handmade crowns, slippers, and cuddling all day. Painted Lima beans. I want to collect them all.

They are so shiny and I want to lick them.


Chris said I shouldn't put them in my mouth because it sets a bad example for Oliver and Freya.


Julie writes a lovely blog at http://myblogswedishouse.blogspot.com/


.................................................................................................

From Anne in Scotland, My friend Anne in Scotland remembered I had commented on a post about this awesome knit garland she made. She sent it along with a fun summer pattern for Freya and trivets (which I need to ask her if she made.) You should visit her blog at http://nanagogoblogs.blogspot.com/ After I read a few Iris Murdock novels I wanted to sell everything and move to Scotland. Chris said I would have to go alone, so I stayed. .............................................................................................. Wendy from Iowa Oh sweet Wendy is always generous and has great taste in everything. (She has an Olivia, I have an Oliver. Simpatico) I keep asking her to write a blog and she keeps not writing a blog.






I love stamps on parcels.

The postman hates seeing me with a pile of envelopes because I don't want them metered.

It's not as if he has to lick them all, they are self adhesive.

He does have to do a bit of math and the customers behind me grumble.

Stamps are so cool.


Thank You friends.

It would be my wish to meet you all in person one day.

4 comments:

  1. Hej Camille
    I am so glad you like it...I have a couple of other things to send too...Hopefully they will get to you before 29th. I am sure they will.
    (Something for Chris this time too)
    I am glad you got your lovely crochet bunting from the lovely & clever Ann, I LOVE nanagogo ;-)and other goodies too!
    I hope your wish comes true and when you plan your Europe trip, we will definitely make a date to meet in London or Sweden if you travel this far.
    Have a wonderful weekend my friend
    LOVE PEACE enJOY
    Julie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Camille, how lovely the bunting looks on your mantle. I`m so glad you liked everything. I think the trivets/pot holders are actually vintage - I rescued them from my local Charity/Thrift Shop and brought them home and cleaned them up for they were in a sorry state before that! I so admired the tiny crocheting on them.
    Fabulous haul from Julie - she`s a shining star is Julie!Wish Wendy would write a blog. Such an interesting parcel she sent you and those stamps are keepers.
    Wish I could meet all of you too! Have a great weekend, Camille. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, what lovely things (and friends!)... i like your plans for the big day, sounds fun!

    btw, i think i'd have some lovely mail too but i haven't been out to the p.o. for a while.. dealing with sickies and things that have kept me from heading out that way. will let you know when i do!

    have a great week camille!
    ana

    ReplyDelete