Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Painting Prep and Thrifted Records

January 5, 2009

Painting Prep and Thrifted Records

I am on task to have my bedroom painted by Saturday.
Today I filled and sanded the bullet holes and sanded the walls, trim and ceiling.
Why sand you ask. Sanding removes all the dust and grime build-up. It also roughs up the surface a bit so the paint will apply easily.

I am a painting pro.
My dad taught me everything I know about painting.
The first rule: Do the prep work even though it sucks.








Tools

I did make it out for a quick trip to the thrift store and scored in a big way on these records.
50 cents each and they are not scratched.

















I hope everyone had a great Tuesday.








1 comment:

  1. I so wish that I knew how to paint. I have never attempted it, but I really want to give it a go soon. Can't wait to see how it turns out

    ReplyDelete