Friday, February 3, 2012

Scrappy Vintage Pillows

February 4, 2012

Scrappy Vintage Pillows

I've been crazy inspired using my collection of vintage textiles.
It started with a generous gift of old quilt pieces, lace and linen bits given to my by my great friend Jenn.



The quilted hearts were already cut and the idea for a pillow sham came together quickly.
I haven't hand quilted in years and it was great to pick up a needle and thimble again.




The chenille backing was a recent find at my favorite antique store Mormon Trader Antiques.http://utah.citysearch.com/profile/649964940/midvale_ut/mormon_trader_antiques.html
The baby blanket size piece was a deal at $10.





This smaller pillow sham has a down pillow form from Ikea.
They are my favorite.







The back of the pillow is new ticking fabric with fun polka dot ribbon.



The next pillow sham bits are pulled together and I'm waiting for an idea.

The focal point will be the kitty needlepoint.








I love it when people tell me 'I could make that'.

I'm sure they can.

Try to find years worth of textile collecting at reasonable prices and make it.







When the pillow is complete I'll share a photo.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You've been creatively busy! Love all of your cushions.Those little hearts are adorable. I love the log cabin quilted fabric in your latest collection. Did you know the little square within the first square represents the fireplace in the log cabin?How quaint is that? Have a great productive week, Camille.

    ReplyDelete