Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Pillow

February 15, 2012

A Pillow

I thought I would take some photos of the layout process I use when I start a project.

First I gather colors and textures I think might work or that I would like to incorporate.





I really like the embroider basket/lady piece and wanted to use it as the focal point of my pillow.
(It didn't work out in the end).




In this photo I'm laying out different textiles for the left side of the pillow.
(I didn't use the pink embroidered dollie piece).



A detailed, idea photo.



A detailed, idea photo.
(The beautiful monogrammed tea towel didn't work out in the end either).



The finished pillow.
You can see a lot of what I planned didn't make it into the final pillow.
It is good to be adaptive when you work on a project.
Sometimes things just don't go together like you wanted.



Pillow detail.



Pillow detail.









Pillow detail.





For the back of the pillow I used a bit of a new chenille bedspread.


I have two more pillow ideas in my brain but before I work them out a need to reorganize my textile stashes.

(Reorganizing is one of my most favorite things in the world)!




Cheers!

9 comments:

  1. Love the new pillow. And your fantastic cases. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And when are you opening an ETSY shop? So talented! Stop by and say and enter the giveaway I am hosting this week.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog, you are very talented :)

    Hanne from Denmark

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely pillow, i like all the pieces and textures!

    hope you're well camille, you've been missed! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... specially those on Helping Organisations

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this pillow!! the suitcases too. I am so bummed but thrifting in my area has never scored me anything good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super fun pillow! Happy Thanksgiving my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! My daughter just came across a card with your name on it and asked and I said "hey! I was just thinking of her!" I had hung the little bunting you made for me up for my birthday and Valentine's Day. How are you? Long time since you posted... Warmly, Nicola

    ReplyDelete